[Gvsig_english] gvSIG errors

Ravi Kumar ravivundavalli48 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 06:13:45 CEST 2013

Jorge,
as advised
1. Opened gvSIG 2
2. Created a new view (named as India)
3. Hit the properties
4. Hit the three dots '...' button at current projection
results the following error.
https://plus.google.com/photos/114935751871526846208/albums/5937796335101863633

Please note that I have not even opened any shape file also.
Ravi

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:08 PM, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas <jsanz at gvsig.com> wrote:

El 19/10/13 08:55, Ravi Kumar escribió:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55790728/shape-files/gvsigError.pdf

>https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55790728/shape-files/INDIA_boundary_arc.shp
>

>Hi,
>1. the shape file works OK in gvSIG 1.2 with a CRS automatically set and units in metres.
>2. In gvSIG 2 it opens in a CRS improper.
>3. any attempt to modify CRS results in an error.
>4. Even buffering coastline with 10000(10km) throws an error.
>Where am I going wrong ??
>Ravi Kumar

Hi Ravi,

As I told you on my preivous mail, the point is the CRS.

On gvSIG 1.12 the default CRS of a view is EPS:23030 (see the bottom
    right of your screenshot). This CRS is Universal Transverse Mercator
    Zone 30 North for the European Datum 1950. This was the default CRS
    for gvSIG as was the most used CRS in the Valencia government. In
    fact nowadays is not any more as we moved to ETRS89 datum.

Anyway, on gvSIG 2.0 the default CRS is a more general one,
    EPSG:43206 but this is in lat/lon coordinates.

So, if you don't know on which CRS is your data, and it's ok to you
    to asume it's in UTM you have to do the following:

- Open gvSIG 2.0,
- Create a new view
- Go to View->Properties and clic on the CRS properties button
    [1]
- Select the EPSG database (1), enter "23030" on the textbox and
    press enter (2), select the filtered CRS and clic Ok(3) [2]
- Load the shapefile, take note that the "EPSG:23030" is "assumed"
    [3]
- The shape file should be available[4]

Please, take in account that your data probably is not in UTM, as
    India is so big to be represented on that projection but maybe for
    your purposes you can ignore that.

Hope it helps

[1] http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8366/gyxn.png
[2] http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1315/5b81.png
[3] http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8222/bjhm.png
[4] http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7205/d9er.png

--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
gvSIG Team at Prodevelop http://www.gvsig.org http://www.gvsig.com

To see the archives, edit your preferences or unsubscribe from this mailing list, please access this url: