[Gvsig_english] Some basic questions

Silvia Franceschi silvia.franceschi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:45:41 CET 2014

Dear all,
I am new in GvSIG and I am trying to make some practice with it.
Here are some usability questions I can not solve by myself using the on
line material, could someone help me?
1. is there a way to make PAN without having to select the "hand" icon? I
mean, usually GIS and CAD use to press on mouse wheel to make PAN without
having to change the tool selecting a the specific one, it is something
always active like zoom with the mouse wheel
2. is there the possibility to change the color of a point symbol? I would
like to have the basic symbols, like circle, square, triangle and so on and
the possibility to change their dimension and color; if I select one of the
gvSIG basic symbols it isn't possible to change the color, only the
dimension can be set
3. when I select the theme for a point layer, is it possible to set also
the dimension of the points?
4. is there the possibility to view the details of the geometry selected
with the INFO tool? not only the attribute table of the selected geometry
(WKT) but all the details like the coordinates of the points of a line or
polygon or the area and length?
5. how does the snap work exactly? what does it mean exactly the snap
tolerance?
6. are shortcuts available in gvSIG?

Thanks for the help,

Regards