[Gvsig_english] Some basic questions

Mario Carrera mcarrera at gvsig.com
Fri Dec 12 12:13:33 CET 2014

Hi Silvia,

complementing the issues told by Leonardo...

1. Yes, you can use the mouse wheel for Zoom in and zoom out. In the
gvSIG 2.1 version it has been improved respecting the 1.x one and it
works very good.
It's planned to include the Pan option in the next builds, when the
attribute editor option is active
[http://blog.gvsig.org/2014/12/10/gvsig-2-1-alphanumeric-editor-at-the-view/].

2. On one hand, if you select a symbol from the "gvSIG Basic" library or
one of the other symbol libraries that can be installed from the add-ons
manager, you won't be able to change its colour.
It's because they are image files (SVG, PNG, BMP...), so their size can
be changed but not their colour.
If you create a new symbol, like "Simple marker symbol" type, you can
see that there's a "marker style" option, where you can select points,
triangles... You can change their colour.

4. For this option the information will have to be at the attribute
table. There's a tool to include that information automatically
(perimeter and area for polygons, length for lines and coordinates for
points). It can be done from the Table, in the Table-Add measure tool menu.

5. The snapping option can be used in editing mode.

6. There are some shortcuts. You can see them in the menus. What other
ones would you need?

Best regards,
   Mario