[Gvsig_english] Google Summer of Code 2014 starts

sandeep kumar kumarsandeep2357 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 19:42:48 CET 2014

Hi,

    I am Sandeep and pursuing my MS by Research in Spatial Informatics at
IIIT Hyderabad. I have hands-on experience on several GIS softwares like
GRASS GIS, QGIS, gvSIG, OpenJUMP etc. I have good programming skills and i
also *worked for gvSIG as part of** GSoC 2013 *on the idea "Add Raster
Format to scripting in gvSIG"[1] under Joaquin sir.

    I would like to work on the extension of the previous years idea[1] and
i have updated my idea "Extend Raster Support in scripting framework in
gvSIG"[2] on gvSIG ideas page. As of now, i didn't get any official mentor.
I would like to have a mentor who is willing to guide me on the above
mentioned idea[2].

    Also, If possible kindly suggest any changes that are need to be made
to improve the idea proposed [2].

[1] -
https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2013/kumarsandeep2357/6526151266664448

[2] -