[Gvsig_english] Problem reprojecting layers with OSM background

Antonio Falciano antonio.falciano at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 17:36:19 CEST 2015

Il 01/09/2015 17:10, Silvia Franceschi ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> I have a problem reprojecting some vector layers on a OSM background.
> What I did is this:
> 1. I created a new view with the projection 3857 and imported OSM
> service after installing appropriate the add-on plugin
> 2. imported a shapefile with projection 32632 and specified it in the
> panel of the view -> add layer menu in order to have a on the fly
> reprojection
> 3. the result is that the shapefile is imported but not correctly
> reprojected and it appears shifted from the right location.
>
> What am I doing wrong? isn't it correct to start with a general
> projection of 3857?
> I had to do that because with 32632 projection for the View, the OSM map
> wasn't reprojected.

Ciao Silvia,
unfortunately it's a known bug [1]. Your workflow is the right one, but
the coordinate conversions and transformations toward EPSG:3857 are not
yet supported in the latest versions of gvSIG (e.g. 2.2), because
libjni-proj4 is outdated. :( So, in the meanwhile we have to reproject
our data elsewhere (e.g. GDAL/OGR).
This issue should be fixed in gvSIG 2.3 using the official bindings of
GDAL for Java, as gvSIG core developers can confirm. Stay tuned! ;)

Antonio

[1] https://redmine.gvsig.net/redmine/issues/2739

PS: For completeness, please report always what version and build of
gvSIG you are using.

--
Antonio Falciano
http://www.linkedin.com/in/antoniofalciano