[Gvsig_english] Problem reprojecting layers with OSM background

Antonio Falciano antonio.falciano at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 10:25:40 CEST 2015

Il 02/09/2015 08:38, Silvia Franceschi ha scritto:
> Ciao Antonio,
> sorry for missing the version, you are perfectly right, I am using
> 2.1.0-2269 final version for Linux.

Ciao Silvia,
have you tried the latest final version (2.2.0 build 2313)?

> Do you have any idea on what it is programmed to have the new release of
> gvSIG?

gvSIG 2.3 will introduce some deep changes, as stated here:
http://blog.gvsig.org/2015/06/25/on-the-road-to-gvsig-2-3/

> And also an other question: in the new version, using the new bindings
> for GDAL, would it be possible to read directly the prj file in order to
> avoid to specify the projection of the data every time you import them?

Yes, at least in theory... It will depend by how the CRS extension will
be refactorized and the economic resources. It's an historical lack of
gvSIG that needs to be solved, if gvSIG wants to grant the full
interoperability with other GIS applications.
For instance, another important feature coming from GDAL bindings should
be the raster reprojection.

Cheers,
Antonio