[Gvsig_english] gvSIG installation on linux

Mario Carrera mcarrera at gvsig.com
Wed Dec 27 10:23:55 CET 2017

Hi Jason,

you can run gvSIG by executing this command directly:

./gvSIG.sh

from the folder where gvSIG is installed.

As far as we know, it's working without any problem on Ubuntu 14.04 (in
my case for example) and 16.04.

About the addons manager by URL you can connect to the "Testing"
repository (http://downloads.gvsig.org/download/gvsig-desktop-testing/),
where you will find all the plugins and symbol libraries.

Best regards,
    Mario

El 27/12/17 a las 08:18, Kinyua Jason Muriki escribió:
> Hi there gvSIG Users.
> I tried to install the latest version of gvSIG on Linux Ubuntu, but
> unfortunately the installation failed loudly ad depicted in attached
> screen-shots. Kindly help me know whether i did it correctly or its a
> software bug.
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Best Regards,_
> Jason Muriki Kinyua_

*Mario Carrera*

Training, Language and Communication Manager. gvSIG Association

Responsable de Formación, Internacionalización y Difusión. Asociación gvSIG

http://www.gvsig.com <http://www.gvsig.com/>