[Gvsig_english] How to build your own Driver ?

Olivier Ertz olivier.ertz at heig-vd.ch
Fri Oct 6 13:50:53 CEST 2006

Dear all,
here is the answer I got from Chema. He had a temporary problem for posting to the list, so I try to post its message.
Olivier.

--------------
I think the fastest way to implement the driver you need is to fill in
the attached template classes. As you can see, one implements the
interface for alphanumeric file drivers and the other one the basics for
vector geometry drivers.

Once implemented, you only need to build then into a .jar package and
leave them in the drivers folder of the application
( gvSIG/extensiones/com.iver.cit.gvsig/drivers ). The application will
load them automatically.

The classes require the following references:

* driver-manager-1.1.jar ( libDriverManager project)
* fmap.jar ( libFMap project)
* gdbms-0.8-SNAPSHOT.jar (libGDBMS project)

-- ============= Jose Manuel Vivó (Chema) Equipo de gvSIG IVER T.I. S.A.
c/Salamanca 50 46005 Valencia Spain