[Gvsig_english] Problem with map creation

Patti dott. Giuseppe - GEOLOGO gpatt at tiscali.it
Fri Apr 13 12:00:41 CEST 2007

The best way to create a Postscript is to add a postscript printer in
your system that prints to a file, but of course you should use gimp or
another image processing software to converti it to a  raster (I think
you're working undr windows, right?). What I meant is that with
postscript you can choose resolution and keep dimensions through the
bounding box property, and with png you can do the same. At present
there's no way to import directly a postscript in gvsig. If you can
print to a pdf printer and still want to use svg, you can use this
online converter http://freesvg.texterity.com/. Another way is to export
a pdf or ps of your base map and then do the final editing with a vector
drawing software such as XFig or Scribus or Skencil or many others.