[Gvsig_english] short remark on gvSIG 1.1::close project

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Wed Aug 8 11:15:13 CEST 2007

Hi list,
I think that it is a good approach to create a more sophisticated
close-session dialogue. What I would like to suggest was to make it more
clear&simple. A button like "do not save anything" would be ok for me.

I also agree that there's no need to remain trapped in ArcView mentality.
ArcView really did not provide best solutions for everything - some are quite
good and simple and it is cool to create a great OSS GIS program, which
provides similar functionality which makes GIS-related work that simple.
gvSIG is already quite close to the "structure" of ArcView (views,
geoprocessing wizard, ...) which I consider as an advantage (it encourages
people to migrate to gvSIG). But if you developers can make it better - just
do it! The "real users" (in fact, I am only testing at the moment) might be
frightened at first, but I hope that this does not frustrate you...

Best regards,
Wolfgang