[Gvsig_english] Classification process

jaume dominguez faus jaume.dominguez at iver.es
Tue Jan 16 15:43:49 CET 2007

Hi Damien.

Your message hits the list in a very opportune moment. We are about to
re-write everything about symbology and related stuff. I mean starting
from the symbology and going up to the user interface. That's because
the current implementation is too static and we'd like to make it
extensible so anyone would be able to supply their own symbol rendering
packages.

At the moment, everything already done about this design/refactor is
only in my computer until I will be able to fit it into the project
without breaking something. When I will commit to the CVS? I cannot
answer that question. Hopefully in a couple or three weeks, but maybe not.

Otherwise, you could try to implement it into the current code, the main
classes are FSymbol and Legend in FMap... and FLegendManager and
FThemeManager in gvSIG (which are merely GUI classes for building
FSymbol and Legends). But, in my opinion it will be great if you join us
with the new symbology model. I'm trying to do it as close to ArcGIS
9.2's Display Object Model as possible.

Any help you need, here we are.

Salut!
Jaume