[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and potential "migrants": what to do with old AV projects? Idea for a new extension

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Sat Nov 17 09:29:41 CET 2007

Hi developers,
still, we are using ArcView 3.2 in our office, but - hopefully - soon, we will use gvSIG instead. Now, colleagues came to me, asking, what to do then with old ArcView projects. Well, you could build them again in gvSIG, but wouldn't it be much better, if old AV 3.2 or newer ArcGIS-mxd's could be imported into gvSIG? Just an idea for a new extension.
It would also be possible just to import views from ArcView - so called odb-files can be made in ArcView, which is just a simple textfile, probably easy to process...
Would be interested in your thoughts about this. Maybe it would also help to spread gvSIG even more widely!

Best regards,
Wolfgang