[Gvsig_english] how to modify attribute table

roger.taylor at l-3com.com roger.taylor at l-3com.com
Thu Feb 14 15:39:01 CET 2008

I'm a novice GIS user. I am trying to modify the attribute table of a
.shp file of the U.S. Congressional Districts so that I can show "yea"
and "nay" votes on a particular bill. I am assuming there is a way to
add a column to the attribute table where I could put in the vote. Then
I am supposing I can assign colors to the districts based on the way
they voted. Can anyone help me do this? Here is the link to the 110th
Congressional Districts shapefile:
http://nationalatlas.gov/atlasftp.html#cgd110p.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful!

Roger Taylor