[Gvsig_english] encoding in attribute tables

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Wed Jan 2 12:58:32 CET 2008

Hello:

I have shapefiles (and PostGIS tables) with attribute columns using
non-english characters, and data in non-latin encodings. I see that when
I open the attribute table, the column names appear correctly (I guess
it gets the encoding from the OS) however the *data* in the table
appears as gibberish (Greek characters). This is the same running gvSIG
both on WinXP and on Ubuntu. Is there any way to set the encoding used
within the tables?

thanks,

Micha

--