[Gvsig_english] Some questions regarding printing

gmail pvmstg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:02:59 CEST 2008

Hi Wolfgang,

I do not know the printing capability of Qgis.  But, for arcmap on
window, the printing is alway problematic.  If you include picture,
the color is impossible to ajust betwen the picture and the map.  The
output in ps or pdf have also problems.  After many years of problems
with the prepress we finaly, like said before, export in tiff, finish
in photoshop so they can, in prepress, ajust the color with photoshop
if necessary.

So, export in tiff should be on the export option.  Ps is nice but,
depend also on the computer you use, you need to be able to convert
all symbology and fonts to be sure the prepress can replicate your
work.  Also the rendering depend on the prepress computer when parsing
ps since mac and pc doesn't have the same color profile.

So the output should be offer in ps, pdf/x3 or so, and in raster tiff,
png  etc.  But, what is lacking in arcmpap is a color profile to have
the same output on any type of computer and type of export for prepress.

Marcel