[Gvsig_english] transform projection problem: epsg 4326 (wgs84) --> epsg 31468 (GK Zone 4)

Victoria Agazzi agazzi_vic at gva.es
Wed Jun 18 09:14:28 CEST 2008

Hi Wolfgang,
here are some questions and comments about your problem:
Step 5: Do you select any reprojection in the dialog box even if none of
them fits you?
You have to bear in mind that the transformation is made between the two
geodetic reference systems, not between the geodetic (wgs84) and the
projected one (31468). In your case, if you select the
epsg_transformation, you can choose between the parameter's sets coded
1673 or 1777. Which one is the best for you? well, both seem to have the
same area description but obviously must use different sets of parameter
transformation. In order to try, I 'd do the reprojection with both and
compare as you did first. If none fits you and you know the parameters
of the ESRI transformation you've applied, you can also try to use the
manual transformation instead.

Regards,
Viqui-.