[Gvsig_english] question regarding high-quality printouts

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Wed May 14 08:51:38 CEST 2008

Hi list,
I just made a quick test regarding the current export function and Scribus:
Scribus allows me to import a very large list of image file types (jpg, gif,
tif, eps, pdf), and there is also an option to import eps/ps as well as
svg-files.
When importing a pdf (sole option for image files in gvSIG???), I do have
problems with the resolution (only 72dpi). Especially, if I would like to
make a large map, this will not be enough. Labels are there, but in a
different size than shown within gvSIG. It would be very good, if there was
an option to specify the resolution of the target image file. But maybe image
files are not that good for professional printing - therefore: Switch to
another format - ps.

When exporting to ps, the file can be imported into gvSIG, but then, labels
and outlines are not drawn in Scribus. Within kghostview, labels and outlines
are visible, but still are different than shown in gvSIG.

It would be great to know, whether there will be some changes regarding the
export-functionality of gvSIG (specify resolution of pdf-files, selector for
different file types (eps,jpg, tif, ...), problem regarding outline and
labels etc.).

Best regards,
Wolfgang