[Gvsig_english] Sql language in the shapefile filter

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Sun May 18 17:51:50 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I am wondering if is it possible to write some simple query in the filter using the SQL language?

I read gvSIG's manual but I didn't find any example about that.
At present , to select an area I should write: TOPONIMO = 'ASTI' in order to get the selection.
Nevertheless, in some cases SQL language is faster.
For example, when I want to select  two areas in a shapefileI am obliged to write two times the word TOPONIMO (e.g TOPONIMO = 'ASTI' or TOPONIMO =  'Aglie').
When I want to select four or more TOPONIMOS in the filter it becomes complicated.

Best regards

Silvio