[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 2.0 and new symbology

Sergio Clark sergio.clark at iver.es
Thu Nov 6 09:57:07 CET 2008

Hi all,

pvmstg escribió:
> Hi Wolfgang
>
> Yes look promising... Almost arcmap... symbology... Haven't time yet
> to test v2... so... In arcmap, for line we have the same problem...
> but...we have a choice of end of segment, round, square etc... with
> this feature, the gap are almost close... Do gv_sig v2 have this
> capability?  If no... something to think about for improvement for the
> developpers.

Yes, gvSIG already has this capability. You can choose between three
type of 'union styles' and also between three 'extreme styles' (see
attached image). But I think there's a different way of drawing for
lines and polylines. In the image I've attached there are both in my
(there're these gaps and overshots :-()

>  Also, I saw in your picture that the cossing is fuse "great"  but do
> we have in this symbology level of drawing... in arcmap, if we like we
> could specify the order of drawing... like at the bottom secondary
> road and in top express way....( just up and down the symbol place)?

In order to specify the order of drawing there's a button 'Symbology
level' where you can introduce a priority (0,1,2,...) for your lines.
This is being developed now, so it could be some bugs about.

Regards,
Sergio