[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 2.0 and new symbology

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Thu Nov 6 13:17:44 CET 2008

Hello Sergio, all.

> Yes, gvSIG already has this capability. You can choose between three
> type of 'union styles' and also between three 'extreme styles' (see
> attached image). But I think there's a different way of drawing for
> lines and polylines. In the image I've attached there are both in my
> (there're these gaps and overshots :-()
ok. So I would need a tool "convert lines to polylines" in order to be able to
make use of that new symbology for my existing themes. I hardly dare to ask,
but is something like this planned? And what happens, if you draw a first
polyline and add a second to it (a street T-crossing for example)? I hope I
expressed this clear enough... ;)

> >  Also, I saw in your picture that the cossing is fuse "great"  but do
> > we have in this symbology level of drawing... in arcmap, if we like we
> > could specify the order of drawing... like at the bottom secondary
> > road and in top express way....( just up and down the symbol place)?
>
> In order to specify the order of drawing there's a button 'Symbology
> level' where you can introduce a priority (0,1,2,...) for your lines.
> This is being developed now, so it could be some bugs about.
Saw that. Very well done. Congrats.

Best,
Wolfgang