[Gvsig_english] printing...

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 14:32:31 CEST 2008

> What I see in the future (I do not know if it's possible) is a way to
> joind the development of scribus or sk11 or inscape to improve
> compatibility.. I was thinking about somethig like a special import
> feature to manage more efficiently the files export by gv_sig... I also
> dream about plug-in to maintain georeferencing in the process (like in
> canvas).  By this... you can upgrade a map only by sending the new part
> and import it to see this part right on the spot....

Good point! It should be easy to embed some extra tags in the SVG output
and then have a plug-in on the other side (e.g. Inkscape) make good use
of those. I do not know about the coordinate range and precision of SVG,
though.

> Wolfgang, for the svg... I do not know in europe by here in canada... I
> can't seend a svg file to a prepress no one is using this format... for
> now... I'm not and expert so... I'm refering also at some line I read,
> maybe in sk1 forum about it...

SVG is good because it is an open format and supported by a lot of
open source tools. It can also easily be parsed and modified in an
automated way by software and put straight on the web. Preprint files
can then produce as a PDF variety by many of those tools.

Ben

> Marcel

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES