[Gvsig_english] printing...

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Fri Oct 17 14:00:48 CEST 2008

Hi all,
ok. I think most of us would like to support a solution, where gvSIG would
enable the user to create nice maps "at home" and it should provide a
possibility to export map or mapcontent to a format that is suitalbe for
layout programs like illustrator on the proprietary side or scribus, inkscape
or sk1 on the Open Source side.
Different approaches were proposed: svg, tiff and eps.

First, I would like to ask the developers about their opinion: what is planned
for the future? Currently, gvSIG does not support svg, tiff or eps export.
Any plans/testing regarding that? Any ideas about the necessary efforts
regarding programming?

Best,
Wolfgang