[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and Java on Mac OS X

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 13:43:50 CEST 2008

Hi Agustin,

good to hear all that work is useful for other people, too ;)
I have no problem with you sharing this with whoever else.

I never though about the remote-login advantage of an X11-based
version, but that certainly is a strong point in favour of it
(particularly for SEXTANTE geoprocessing).

Instead of using "raw" X11, however, you should *definitely*
install the (free version of) NoMachine NX server on your
office machine and an NX client on your laptop. Using that
for remote work will dramatically increase responsiveness
of the UI!

SoyLatte seems to come with a somewhat weird Java
license at the moment. I have not really looked into it too
much, but it's not GPL'd software.
So for now, we should make people aware of these conditions.

Sometime next week (or perhaps a bit later, depending on how
much time I have available for this), I will create an installer
software for this version and that will come with the appropriate
license bundled.

We will then host the thing on our oadigital.net pages.

Ben