[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and external tables, font-encoding etc.

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Mon Apr 6 10:55:04 CEST 2009

Good morning everyone.
I will continue to report about my little (serious!) problems regarding german umlauts and modifiying attribute tables in gvSIG.
My table contains values like '2344_TÄ' and I would like to replace that '_TÄ' with 'tae'.
The strange thing is that it is _possible_ to select these values using the filter function with the expression [column_name] like '%_TÄ'; all those values are selected - wonderful.
However, when trying to replace the questioned values using the field calculator, gvSIG fails: nothing is replaced. It is only possible to replace the umlauts manually. I do not understand this (reaction of gvSIG).
Therefore, I would be most grateful for some comments or _any_ ideas on how to solve this. BTW, do you have the same problem with the spanish 'ñ'?

Best regards,
Wolfgang

-------- Original-Nachricht --------