[Gvsig_english] gvSIG: issue with georeferecing function of 1.9 (build 1221, 1243)

Horacio Galan galanh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 18:17:24 CEST 2009

Hello Wolfgang

I have a question about raster formats (maybe related with your mail!):

I tried to load a raster (.tif) produced in my Ubuntu 8.10 in an old RedHat
version.

The error message in my .log is:

Error en la carga de la capa

Can´t load the layer: Formato no valido

I notice several format to save a raster:

Option1 (“Salvar vista a raster georeferenciado”)

.tif .img .bmp .pgm .ppm .mpl .rst .jp2 .jpg .png

Option2 (“Salvar como”)

.tif .img .mpl

I think the RedHat can’t load .tif format so I going to try another format

Which format you recommend?  (maybe .png the natural format)

Why option1 have 10 formats and option2 have only 3 formats?

Would somebody please generate a comment?