[Gvsig_english] JOIN

John Ladd jwladd1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:41:37 CET 2009

With a little help from Benjamin Ducke I determined what I was doing
wrong re the JOIN function.  I was not paying attention to the buttons
on the first of the four screens and was then making wrong assumptions
re buttons on successive screens where the buttons were not clearly
labelled.  In hindsight this sounds just careless on my part, but it
underscores the problems faced by new users.  Somewhere long ago I
read that in the process of developing software for third party use
~20% of the effort is generating software that works for the developer
and ~80% of the effort is packaging the software so that the third
party can use it.

thank you for your patience.

--
John Ladd