[Gvsig_english] Question about gvSIG mobile and Android

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Fri Jun 5 14:56:55 CEST 2009

Hello, Silvio.

There is no reference to Android in gvSIG Mobile's road map, sorry. I did some tests using gvSIG Mobile libraries and I can say that most of the code is compatible with Android, but at least the user interface, the rendering methods (to draw images, polygons, etc) and the access to the GPS need changes (which I think are not difficult at all). You can see some unofficial tests here that show gvSIG Mobile's raster drivers (with some changes) working on Android:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvbFifhQI1g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sw3YI5Ba84

I too believe gvSIG Mobile and Android would be a nice couple ;) but there's still some work to do. Hopefully gvSIG Mobile's roadmap will include an Android version in the future, but currently it does not.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)