[Gvsig_english] Re: Opening a gvSIG project on another

ernesto sferlazza e.sferlazza at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:36:28 CEST 2009

Hi Sal,
If You cannot copy exactly the same folder structure (e.g., using windows
O.S.,  in the other computer the drive could be "D:" instead of "C:"), an
alternative choice to that suggested by A. Falciano is to edit directly the
gvp file with a text editor, replacing the new paths to the old paths.
Best regards
Ernesto

>Sal Garfi wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I've recently completed some work on a project on gvSIG. All of the
> shape files and the gvSIG (.GVP) file were kept in a single
> project folder on the C drive. I've copied the folder onto my data stick
> with the intention of loading the project on to another computer which
> also has the same version of gvSIG as I have. I created a folder on the
> second computer's C drive and I copied the original project folder into
> it. However, when I opened gvSIG on the second computer, and browsed for
> my project folder, and opened the GVP file, the information console came
> up with the message "User Error", and after I managed to close the
> information console, my layers were in the table of contents, but they
> couldn't be opened - their file paths were apparently broken.
>
> I tried this on another computer. I did not get the Information Console
> with the 'User Error' message, but again, I had to reload all of the
> layer files.
>
> Can anyone please tell me how I can prevent this from happening in the
> future, since I will want to give completed gvSIG projects to colleagues
> of mine without them having to reinstall every layer file.
>
> I look forward to some enlightenment.
Antonio Falciano answered

--
ing. Ernesto Sferlazza
responsabile nodo provinciale di Agrigento del SITR Sicilia