[Gvsig_english] Re: Opening a gvSIG project on another

Sal Garfi sal.garfi at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 10 19:18:35 CEST 2009

Hello Ernesto and Antonio,

I take on board, Ernesto, what you say about editing the gvp file in, for instance, notepad. But I've opened it up and I have absolutely no idea where to start, so for the time being, I shall try to copy the 'absolute' file path of the project.

Now, I did not take the shape files and the gvp file out of their folder and put them into a new folder. I copied the folder as it was on the first computer's C drive and placed it within another folder on the other computers. So, Antonio, what do I have to do to preserve the project's 'absolute' file path? Do I have to copy the very first file, on the C drive, that the project file is in?

I'm sorry if I sound a bit confused, but I'm still unsure as to what I ought to do to remedy the situation.

Kind regards,

Sal