[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 (1246) export of xls to dbf

Samuel Schleich samuel.schleich at gmx.de
Thu Sep 24 18:06:23 CEST 2009

Hello everybody!

I use gvSIG 1.9 build 1246 and accessed an excel file via odbc. In order to export it to a dbf I had a problem.

E.g: I get a dbf table when I choose "test"(.dbf) as name and save it to my desktop. But no table is given when I choose "ttt" or "testa" as name. When I try to save to another directory with "test" as name, it is not working sometimes.

I tried some names in different length combined with different paths and the results were at random with  more "not working" results.

Other export to dbf operations (without using odbc+excel) worked great. I can´t explain that to me.

Regards, Sam