[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 USB-Version: Georeferencing

Ruth Schönbuchner r.schoenbuchner at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 27 09:25:28 CEST 2010

Dear Johannes,

here is a small description of the way I do georeferencing with gvSIG
1.9 USB.
Maybe there´s some helpful hint between the lines?

1) First load the reference layer (cadastral map) to gvSIG view.
2) Start the georeferencing tool, choose "with reference cartography"
and select as "georeferencing file" the raster image (aerial photograph).
(georeferencing algorithms (afin, polinominal transformation, pixel
size, etc.) can also be defined later)
3) After accepting the window for settings the two data sources will be
displayed as the following:

- on the left side: reference layer (e.g. your cadastral map)
- on the right side: georeferencing file (e.g. aerial photograph)

Try to work with the navigation tools (especially pan and zoom in) on
the right side of each window, to get the two extents of the data
sources displayed correctly side by side. Maybe your cadastral map is
already displayed in the left window, but yet too small to recognize?

4) The control points can be set very similar to gvSIG 1.1.2, by
selecting the tool "New" at the GCP panel and placing them (first the
pixel point, second the real coordinate) into the georeferencing windows
or the small zoom windows on the right and left bottom of the screen.

5) RMS will be displayed with 3 GCP

6) It is possible to test the georeferencing first (green tool in GCP
panel)

Good luck and best regards!
Ruth

Am 26.04.2010 15:08, schrieb Johannes Valenta:
> Hi list,
> trying to georeference a raster image (aerial photograph) I get stuck
> with the georeferencing module.
> I'd like to use a cadastral map (shapefile) as referencing source but
> compared to gvSIG 1.1.2 I cannot set points on both layers (image and
> shp) within gvSIG 1.9.
> By starting the georeferencing module two windows are displayed with
> one showing the image whilst the second (where I was expecting to be
> able to zoom to the cadastral map) stays empty.
> What am I missing?
> Hints/ideas are appreciated.
> Best,
> Johannes