[Gvsig_english] View Frame Properties of Map Buggy

Enrique Lorenzo Herrero lorheren at itacyl.es
Tue Jan 5 13:40:23 CET 2010

Simon and Jorge:

I've just checked the Map with some Map Views, and I think the only way to work is as follows (read carefully the order of the steps because that's the problem, the combos are programmed with some bugs):

A) To add the first view to a void Map:

1- Add the first view to the void Map.
2- In the Properties dialog set the view.
3- Turn off the Live View checkbox.
4- Optionally, set Scale to "Automatic", to get as default the scale of the view, if you want.
5- Set Scale to "User specified".
6- Set Scale value to, for example, 10000. Do not Apply at this point!
7- Set Scale to "Maintain View Scale".
8- Apply.

This way, you are able to pan and zoom the Map View without any reaction in the pan and zoom of the original project view.

B) To add next Map Views: repeat the same steps.

C) To edit the Map View scale:

1- Open the Properties dialog, as usually.
2- Optionally, set Scale to "Automatic", to query the actual (default) scale of the Map view.
3- Set Scale to "User specified".
4- Set the Scale value to, for example, 10000. Do not Apply at this point!
5- Set now the Scale to "Maintain View Scale".
6- Apply.

This sounds strange, but it works!.

I wish gvSIG developers could make the most of your suggestions and detailed work.

Regards.

Enrique Lorenzo Herrero
Técnico
INSTITUTO TECNOLÓGICO AGRARIO