[Gvsig_english] INTERNATIONALIZATION gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Spanish works still apparent in the gvSIG Dialog // other stuff

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Fri Jan 8 08:41:11 CET 2010

Hi,

Here is my list f works seen that have not been translated yet...

1. When changing a symbol for a TOC entry in a classified field the
"Accept" button says "Acceptar"
2. [Main Menu] [Show] [Toolbar] Drop Down Menu lists "anadir capa de
eventos", "com.iver.cit.gvsig.Herramientas" and "Catalogo"
3. [Main Menu] [Layer] Drop Down Menu lists "Crear SHP de geometrias
derivadus"
4. The comments in the INI file are still in Spanish.
5. The opening dialog box that explains what is going on, e.g. that
particular extensions are loading, is all in Spanish

Other stuff related to internationalization

1. When setting up the program should detect the operating system and
region and propose appropriate code page. The default is set to Eastern
Europe. When I installed the program it should have at least offered for
me to change the setting or predicted, because it was installed on a
Windows XP machine, it should be 1252.
2. When you originally setup gvSIG 1.9 on your computer in Windows XP it
defaults to "Spanish" despite choosing "English" in the setup.
3. Minor point - but kilometer/kilometres, meters/metres and
centimeters/centimetres should be set depending on country. Like
color/colour or behavior/behaviour. Not a big issue in using the program
but when the scalebar says 'kilometer' it is essentially a spelling
error in Australia and in the UK (I presume).
--

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd