[Gvsig_english] BUG gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Use of advanced labeling on point layer causes gvSIG to crash when printing map w/ graticule

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Sat Jan 16 02:46:12 CET 2010

Hi,

This is novel - the program actually told me there was a bug in the
program. Not 100% sure what is triggering the problem but I can
consistently reproduce the error.

1. I am using Windows XP Pro SP3, gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253)
2. Have map with a view with graticule, both surrounded by a rectangle.
3. The view has several polygon layers. One shows the extent of sites
throughout an area superimposed over an ECW file.
4. I have dissolved some polygons based on whether they sites are
proposed for a prescribed burn - 4 polygons remain, field updated to
ascribe unique number.
5. Annotation layer created, if use default setup, no problems printing
BUT I want more control. If I try and update the TypeFont field to
'Century Scoolbook' the font name is trimmed to 'Century Schoolb' and
the layer defaults to 'Arial'.
6. Delete the annotation layer and add it as a point layer. Change its
labeling (10m height, fixed colour- black, label field Text, font
Century Schoolbook). The layer prints OK.
7. Since the labels overlap the existing labels for the sites (hence the
need for the annotation layer in the first place) I move from 'general:
settings from attribute fields' to 'general: advanced settings'. Set
properties to 'text' field with Century Schoolbook, 10m fixed text
height in the real world. Save and try and print.
8. The following error is created. The log file is attached.

If I repeat the process on on a point file created using the 'centroids'
function of Sextante. I get the same error.

Simon

*** ERROR CONSOLE DETAILS ***

Bug in program code. java.lang.NullPointerException: null
     org.gvsig.symbology.fmap.labeling.GeneralLabelingStrategy.draw(GeneralLabelingStrategy.java:291)     org.gvsig.symbology.fmap.labeling.GeneralLabelingStrategy.print(GeneralLabelingStrategy.java:846)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.layers.FLyrVect.printLabels(FLyrVect.java:1971)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.DefaultMapContextDrawer.print(DefaultMapContextDrawer.java:243)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.DefaultMapContextDrawer.print(DefaultMapContextDrawer.java:496)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.MapContext.print(MapContext.java:724)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.project.documents.layout.fframes.FFrameView.printX(FFrameView.java:497)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.project.documents.layout.fframes.FFrameView.draw(FFrameView.java:454)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.project.documents.layout.fframes.FFrameView.print(FFrameView.java:482)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.project.documents.layout.gui.Layout.drawLayoutPrint(Layout.java:198)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.Print.drawShapes(Print.java:126)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.Print.print(Print.java:195)     sun.print.RasterPrinterJob.printPage(Unknown Source)     sun.print.RasterPrinterJob.print(Unknown Source)     sun.print.Win32PrintJob.printableJob(Unknown Source)     sun.print.Win32PrintJob.print(Unknown Source)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.project.documents.layout.gui.Layout.showPrintDialog(Layout.java:359)     com.iver.cit.gvsig.Print$1.run(Print.java:105)     com.iver.andami.PluginServices$RunnableDecorator$1.run(PluginServices.java:479)     java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)     java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)     com.iver.andami.ui.AndamiEventQueue.dispatchEvent(AndamiEventQueue.java:58)     java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)     java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)     java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)     java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)     java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
--

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd