[Gvsig_english] NavTable 0.4.1: crash adding new record into csv table

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Sun Jan 24 00:13:27 CET 2010

Hello everybody,

I am testing NavTable 0.4.1 (latest release) on Windows xp home edition sp2 (gvSIG 1.9, latest build).
I have a great number of crash reports when I try to edit  the records (i.e. copy-paste them).

I am trying a lot NavTable because, together with Antonio Falciano, we are translating the NavTable's Spanish manual into Italian.
Antonio and I have already translated the NavTable Gui to Italian (thanks to babelfish).
We have nearly finished the Italian manual too. We have been busy lately :-)
We have added a lot of extras images: the Italian manual will be a bit more "colourful" :-)

I have already checked the Bug tracker.
It looks like the editing it is not yet fine-tuned (http://forge.osor.eu/tracker/?atid=462&group_id=122&func=browse).
Here one of the many crashes I get with NavTable.
I have attached the file: gvSIG_navtable_add_record_csv.txt.
In order to reproduce it you should:
1. Open gvSIG 1.9
2. Open a new Table by loading a csv table
3. Try to add a new record by clicking on the button of NavTable
4. gvSIG crashes suddenly

Best regards,

Silvio