[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 3D: two questions

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 13:43:57 CET 2010

Hi Silvio,

2010/1/26 silvio grosso <grossosilvio at yahoo.it>

> Hi Jordi,
>
> I have tested the gvSIG 3D extension with another computer.
> Windows xp Professional sp2; gvSIG 1.9 (latest official build)
> Theme "Plastic Xp".
>
> Thank you very much for the testing.  :)

Here my results:
> skin 1. com.iver.core.mdiManager.NewSkin.
> Project manager opens fine.
> Ok double-click on the upper bar for the new View.
> Labels are displayed correctly ok on the gvSIG 3D View.
> No labels, in the View, are truncated 50% under the geometries :-)
> Everything is fine.

But I guess you are experiencing the problem related in previous mails
(OpenGL/swing). Are you?

Skin2. org.gvsig.mdiManager.DockingManager
> Project manager not working. It is stuck
> Nothing is working and I must change this Skin.

About Project Manager stuck, this is not a bug, more than this, is a feature
:). You have to click on the Project Window Button to hide/show The Project
Manager.
But what do you mean when you say that nothing works? The views aren't
opened? In this case, is gvSIG reporting any errors?
Your recent comments about docking skin make us think that the way it works
isn't as clear as we thought. My next task in my TODO list is making a
videotutorial explaining how it works. When the job is finished I will
upload it to the blog.

> Skin3. org.gvsig.gvsig3dgui.skin.JDialogSkin
> Project manager opens fine
> No double-click upper bar new View (2D or 3D). I must drag the border of my
> window.
> Labels are displayed correctly in the gvSIG 3D View.
>
> Ok, is a known problem. As I said before with JDialog skin the maximize
buttons are not available.

> With the other computer, with Windows home edition sp2, gvSIG 1.9, the
> labels were 50% hidden.
> E.g. the label "Turin" was displayed as "Tu" (the "rin" part was missing).
> Today I had no problems for labelling with this new computer.

Ok I understand. Can you send us a screenshot with the error?
Thank you very much again for the wide test.

Regards.

> Best regards,
>

> Silvio

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es