[Gvsig_english] Solution time.

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Mon Jul 12 11:00:20 CEST 2010

Hey, if you want commercial quality support, we can provide it...

Silver level will cost €250/month per user (minimum 5 users), with a response time of 2 working days (no guaranteed fix time). Other levels with shorter response times available, please ask for pricing while sitting down. Users will be required to use whatever operating system we recommend (liable to change without warning). Hardware upgrades may be required for support to be valid. Users may be required to hold their computers in particular ways for full functionality. Anything that goes wrong isn't our fault. Contracts have minimum 12 month duration and will be automatically renewed.

How's that? :D

Benjamin Ducke <benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk> wrote:

You are right. And this observation is really important, because
one of the main "arguments" I hear against the use of open source
software is that there is no "commercial quality" support available.
Obviously, this is totally unsubstantiated BS. But a lot of people
still believe it (mostly the same ones who also believe the ads
on TV and think that something that comes in a shiny carton must be
worth a lot of money).

Ben