[Gvsig_english] The archive: /build/product/lib/castor-0.9.5.3.jar which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.

Cèsar Ordiñana cordinyana at gvsig.com
Wed May 19 09:27:43 CEST 2010

Hi Luca,

luca bianconi escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I've compiled gvSIG 2.0.0 as in  documentation [1] but with an error I
> could avoid compiling without tests.
>
> It's been compiled alright (wihtout tests) but when I boot the
> application I get this message "The archive:
> /build/product/lib/castor-0.9.5.3.jar which is referenced by the
> classpath, does not exist." and the application doesn't boot.

Jar files in the folder /build/product/lib/ are generated by maven.
Sometimes eclipse doesn't realise about changes in that folder and as
those jars are referenced by the gvSIG eclipse launcher it shows that error.

Look at that folder through a file explorer to confirm that the
castor-0.9.5.3.jar file is already there. Next, go to eclipse and
refresh that folder through the package explorer, project explorer or
the navigator. Finally, try again to run gvSIG through the launcher.

I will add this error to the documentation just in case someone else
gets hit by it again.

One solution to this would be if eclipse would allow us to define the
launcher classpath by taking all jar files from a folder, instead of
each jar file individually. Any ideas anyone?

> I've compiled and boot alright the day before yesterday the 2.0.0
> gvSIG build from the branches/prep_2_0_0/build from the svn
> repository, as described in documentaiton [1].
>
>     I got an error when creating a plugin with the plugin creation
>     wizard from the menu bar. At the end of the process of creation
>     gvSIG I get a "USER ERROR" with a long error message.

Let me check that plugin to see if it is working. As we are making some
last changes to prepare a developer's build, there are some thinks that
need to be checked again.

> I've decided to recompile gvSIG and that's what I've got.
>
> Anyone could help me ?
>
> Cheers,
> Luca

Cèsar Ordiñana Navarro