[Gvsig_english] gvSIG-project file: artefacts?

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Fri May 21 01:08:57 CEST 2010

On Thursday 20 May 2010 21:31:03 Benjamin Ducke wrote:
> What XML editor do you use to edit the gvSIG project files?

Ben,

not sure who you were talking to but I use Notepad++ on windows and gEdit on
Ubuntu. You can also setup Notepad++ on Wine but the icons can be a bit wonky
- the core functionality works fine though.

The beauty of Notepad++ in my mind is that if you have the cursor on a start
tag it shows you the corresponding end tag. Tags can also be collapsed making
'hiding tags' easy. Great tool for finding errors in large files.

Notepad++ also opens large files without any problems. Some of my project files
are +2MB in size (~26000 lines) and it opens them in a blink.

When comparing files I use Diffuse. Great graphical tools for finding
changes/differences.
--
Cheer Simon

	Simon Cropper