[Gvsig_english] Bug reporting, 3D extension

Francisco José Peñarrubia fpenarru at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 13:24:29 CET 2011

I think mailing lists is different from bug reporting.
That said, I think bug tracker can be open (not registration required),
and see if we receive too many bad tickets (I mean poor documented and
so on). If so, ask for registration.

On the other side, I would recommend to register if you are really
interested, because you will receive information about how the bug is
corrected. Or it can be a point of contact with the developer to ask for
clarifications, and so on.

My two cents on this.

Best regards, and Happy New Year for all!!.

Fran.

El 30/12/2011 13:12, jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk escribió:
> > I don't agree. If we want quality bug files we expect people at least
> > taking the effort to register themselves, it's IMHO a minimum
> > requirement. Another example, if you would see the amount of spam
> > subscription requests to this mailing list we receive every week you
> > would understand why we need to moderate it.
>
> I disagree with this point quite strongly, partially for idealogical
> reasons (I think if you a project that makes it hard to report bugs is
> blinkering itself), but also for practical ones. Registration is no
> filter for quality content - just look at some youtube comments for an
> example of that. What it will filter is the people who wanted to
> report a bug they just found but aren't interested enough in the
> software to remember what the bug is and exactly how to replicate it
> when their subscription request arrives however many hours later. I
> know there are lots of bugs in various projects I wouldn't have
> reported if I'd not been able to do so immediately (and as mentioned
> previously, many I didn't report for just that reason).
>
> As to spam list-subscription requests - I can understand why you'd
> moderate this, but at the same time, of the other lists I've been on
> recently (i.e. QGIS-user, geoserver, geonetwork), they don't appear to
> have moderation on subscription but still don't get spam to the list.
> Not sure how they're doing that.
>
> The other advantage to doing away with subscriber moderation is it's
> one less thing for the devs to do.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Jonathan
>

> From: Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas <jsanz at gvsig.com>
> To: gvsig_internacional at listserv.gva.es
> Date: 30/12/2011 10:07
> Subject: Re: [Gvsig_english] Bug reporting, 3D extension
> Sent by: gvsig_internacional-bounces at listserv.gva.es

> This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
> contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and
> should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or
> authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use
> it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this
> transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email
> traffic sent to or from us, including without limitation all GCSX
> traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance
> with relevant legislation.

Fran Peñarrubia
Scolab
www.scolab.es