[Gvsig_english] User Interface & English

feraltek gary at feraltek.com.au
Sat Jan 1 04:00:35 CET 2011

I've been using gvSIG for only about a month, setting up graves etc for a
cemetery. In doing this I've been shifting large groups of items on the plan
back and forth between Autocad and gvSIG, getting them to match their actual
locations on the ground, and linking to MySQL data.

There are a few things I find irritating in the user interface. For
instance, if moving a number of items they can't be grouped, and after each
move operation it defaults back to the vertices edit function. Another is in
my other email about the legends. The English translations are sometimes a
bit ambiguous. There are probably quite a few functions I could use but I
can't figure out what they do.

I would like to contribute with some user interface ideas and with improving
the English. Please email if this would be useful. In doing that I hope I'll
also get to understand what a number of functions do.

Gary