[Gvsig_english] English language at gvSIG (was Re: Query on why gvSIG CE came about)

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at gvsig.com
Thu Jun 30 18:05:21 CEST 2011

El 30/06/11 17:47, José Antonio Canalejo Alonso escribió:
> Jorge, if the name of the project is a big problem for you, we can
> discuss it later, but please, now try to be calmed.

It's late, that discussion should be done before creating your fork but
you didn't. I can imagine that you decided carefully that name so I
can't see you changing it.

> About CLA, we have another point of view, als you already know. We have
> been discussing this on the past:
> But most of the people here don't understand what we said there.
> Now we have to invest time again translating this thread. If we want to
> make gvSIG more international we have to PRODUCE not TRANSLATE in english.

Anyway, it seems you are not reading me.

I said we are writing new bugs in English.

All new javadoc (at least the public APIs) are in English, that's an
approved procedure with more than a year.

Our case studies website is in English, and at this time also ALL our
case studies (by the way we are happily waiting for your case studies,
as you were one of the most active people asking us to build that site).

Our planet interface and FAQ are in English.

TSC Board minutes and agendas are in English.

Our OSGeo LiveDVD materials were first in English (I first wrote the
overview in English and afterwards translated it and the awesome Simon's
quickstart into Spanish).

Yes, we produce some docs right now in Spanish and our first action is
to ask for help if we cannot translate it by ourselves. So I can't see
why you continue blaming us.

The only reason I can get is that continuing insisting on that kind of
stigma, no matter what we do, you get an illusion of reason to do the
fork. I hope the rest of this list appreciate last years efforts to get
it out of our backs.

--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
gvSIG Team at Prodevelop