[Gvsig_english] Shifting position of buttons

georgsedlmeir georg.sedlmeir at muenchen.de
Thu Mar 3 16:45:54 CET 2011

Dear list,
when a user switches between different modes in gvSIG, for example by
activating the edit mode for a layer, or also by clicking a button to open a
dialogue, the position of the buttons below the menu bar changes a great
deal (i.e. the "show attributes or selected layers" button). I recently had
a talk with some colleagues who consider it cumbersome to go searching for
buttons in varying positions whenever and I think there's some truth to
that. It goes without saying that a menu bar handling most of gvSIG's
functionality can't be static, but maybe it would help if at least the basic
functions would remain in the same position during a session.
Maybe it would be an alternative to make the buttons' positions and
visibility configurable (grouped by functions) or dockable/undockable. Any
opinions or suggestions on this?

Best regards,
Georg