[Gvsig_english] adding new NMEA input to gvSig Mobile

Marcel Schoolmeesters schoolmeesters at gmx.de
Thu Mar 24 10:16:12 CET 2011

Dear developers at list,

I've got a few questions again, this time in direct relation to the
source code:

1.) if I want to add buttons to a toolbar (e.g. the gps toolbar), what
can I do, if the width exceed the device resolution? not only in Eclipse
(there I could change the resolution) but also on a mobile device? I
don't want to add a new toolbar or delete another button. Is there any
option?

2.) if I want to add values from another NMEA message to the StatusBar
or better, add a new Statusbar above (without hiding) the gpsBar, how
can I do that? is there any option to add a second StatusBar while
pushing another Button for example? the StatusBar could be a little
smaller, but I want to see GPS values AND my own values together. I have
tried to add a StatusBar (Id = 2), but it always hides the gpsBar.

Alternative:
If that would be difficult or too many functions have to be changed, I
would like to add the values to the same bar. I have already added some
text to it, but I don't get any values from a new NMEA-line. I've added
the identifier to the GPSNmeaDataProcessor and added variables to the
RelevantEventListener and set/get-functions to the GPSFix class...but
the function "gpsNewPosition()" respectively the "fireGPSNewPosition()"
does not seem to work after adding the new values. Even the old text
(longitude/latitude) won't be displayed.
The "propertyChange(PropertyChangeEvent event)" seems to have problems
with those values, as they are missing in GPSPosition (defined in
gpsinput.jar).
I think the missing "gpsinput.jar" should be changed then if I want to
add my values to "GPSPosition"...is there any option to do that or what
would be the easiest way without gpsinput? writing an "own input" ?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Regards,

Marcel