[Gvsig_english] [Live-demo] gvSIG Starter Package and OSGeo Live

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at gvsig.com
Wed Aug 1 09:24:41 CEST 2012

the best place for this package is obviously www.gvsig.org (not
> gvsig.com). We'll remove it from sourceforge once the package goes
> into gvsig.org. [1] is a nice historical link (people could find
> there manuals from gvSIG 0.3 to gvSIG 1.11) but I think people
> (particularly non-Spanish speaking) should find easily the most
> actual information in english about the latest gvSIG's versions.
> That's the reason why I'm suggesting to put these kind of links
> into the gvSIG quickstart of OSGeo Live. Users should see there
> only 2 or 3 good references. This is a good one, it has been often
> reviewed with two companies involved: -
> http://www.geominds.de/html/gvsig.html -
> http://csgis.de/joomla/index.php/gis-starter-package [2] seems good
> to me. I'll fill up the form and send it to you. Later we can add
> the link in www.gvsig.org into the gvSIG's quickstart of OSGeo
> Live. I'm very grateful to the Welthungerhilfe
> (www.welthungerhilfe.de) for opening this information to the
> community and would love to see this package in more countries,
> being used by more gvSIG users. Kind regards! Jose

José Antonio, I'm moving this thread to the gvSIG list as it doesn't
concern to the OSGeo Live project directly an they are quite busy
releasing 6.0 to get more noise from a project specific issue.

Sorry if I was misunderstood, I didn't say to host the materials at
gvsig.org. It's great if it's at sourceforge, it's even mirrored so I
don't see any reason to move it to gvsig.org.

What I was trying to say is that we can add it to that page as it
gathers all the training material, by language and clearly stating
what version is. I think that page has room for improvement, like
having a table of contents but in my opinion the contents are OK. I
want to note that maintaining that resources is quite hard, Mario
Carrera has done a great job as in many others areas of the project.

Send Mario the course record and he (or someone on his behalf) will
add it to the English section.

- --
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
gvSIG Team at Prodevelop