[Gvsig_english] The non-spanish speaking gvSIG-community - do we have be to worried?

Victoria Agazzi vagazzi at gvsig.com
Fri May 17 12:46:35 CEST 2013

Hi Wolfang, all,
I agree with you, there are fewer messages in this list, and we
haven'tan active group for that purpose on the gvSIG Community, working
in order to make contents accessible to the gvSIG English users. I've
been, for a while, working as Community Manager of the project,helping
many people and institutions to approach the project, lending a hand to
redirect their needs, but above all their availability for cooperation
in different areas. One of them being the translations, that seems to be
the main reason we identify for the lack of English speaking users and
developers.
What happens with people that do not speak Spanish? they obviously have
more difficulty to start with gvSIG, but IMHO it is not impossible to
collaborate either. Nowadays we have tools that facilitate the
translation of contents(automatic, or so), that indeed we are using them
for the day to day tasks, making then some review processes to improve
those translations, for example.

We are aware of the weaknesses on the issue of language or the official
website, gvsig.org, which could be more than improved, but as the
maintenance of the entire project rests on the gvSIG Associationand
resources are nowadays very limited, that's why we encourage you and all
who cares to make true these great initiatives. Both, Mario Carrera and
me are some of those resources that the Association has to assist in
these tasks.
So I encourage anyone who really wants to make gvSIG one software
available in English, contact us in order to think the best way to
improve the English approach to gvSIG.

Best,
Viqui-.