[Gvsig_english] General Question: Adding WMS Server -> choosing the right/best EPSG

Marcel Schoolmeesters schoolmeesters at gmx.de
Mon Mar 21 11:52:03 CET 2011

Hi Mario,

thank you for the list of EPSG codes :) and the explanation.

Ok, of course, the different added layers must have the same projection.
I did not use layers from different sources, yet.

So, am I to understand that "Application settings -> View -> SRS" is
only important to GPS? => the position of gps fits to the map?

Additionally, I thought, DHDN is already supported by gvSIG
Mobile,...but in the source code of pilot2 (I think thats the newest??)
ED50 and WGS84 seem to be the implemented datums with their
corresponding ellipsoids (int_1924 and wgs84) - do I have to implement
it myself? Could you or anybody else perhaps help me which functions /
classes have to be changed? elipsoid.java of course, but where are the
main projecting functions?

I would like to add EPSG:31467, because following WMS seems to be the
only one, I can open with gvSIG Mobile at the moment:
http://wms1.ccgis.de/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/data/umn/germany/germany.map&&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS

Btw, even the www.idee.es does not work anymore. I cannot understand why
as I don't have any debug-log of a working connection to the wms server,
only the non-working (see attachment)
but on 18.03., I still could connect on windows mobile (without debug
log of course) - the first test with eclipse has been on 19.03. and did
not work. on windows mobile I even don't get any connection to the (on
Desktop PC with Eclipse) working German server. (same source code)

The internet connection on the WIndows Mobile Device (Emulator) is
working, as I have tested the WMS with Internet Explorer, too.

I don't understand the differences and first of all, I don't understand,
why the Spanish server worked once on Windows Mobile (on 18.03.) but
afterwards no longer...

I have tested other wms servers, perhaps it might help you to find the
main problem. I despair of looking for a really working one as it even
seems to change every day.

Best regards,

Marcel Schoolmeesters